Monday, September 22, 2014

Fleet Week - Coronado Speed Festival- September 20th-21st 2014

Image Not Found

Each year in September the Armed forces celebrates with Fleet Week and though I am not in the military, many people I know have or currently are. Just so happens in San Diego, on the beautiful Coronado Island, they hold the Coronado Speed Festival. On the Naval Station North Island base they set up a race track on the airstrip and hold this special event. Since it has cars and supports the Armed Forces it is a feel good excuse to have a corn dog, a beer, and watch some classic race machines do their thing. There are also a good many show cars to drool over as well.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The only issue for me at this event is the restriction they have on camera lenses. (No longer than 100mm unless you get press access). So I just throw on my 35mm prime and spend less time with my camera and enjoy the lovely day with my wife. We also have a couple friends who were participating in this event who run MGBs so we wandered by their pits and harassed them for awhile. Always good to know fellow racers even if they race prettier cars then me.

Image Not Found

Overall was a great day and money well spent.. an event that supports our Armed Forces, has the sites and sounds of classic race machines, in the company family and friends, what more could you ask for?

No comments:

Post a Comment