Monday, March 12, 2012

Short work day - 3/10/2012

image not found

Well as there is not much left to do so I had a little bit of fun and started the car up and drove it around again. You know to keep the cobwebs out... I then hooked up our door net, and did a little prep work on our spare motor. The door net was taken off because we decided it limited our visibility, but then we changed out mind for safety reasons. The spare motor just had the air lines on it from the smog equipment that we do not need so I pulled them off with a few other things.

image not found

I then spent a little bit of time modifying a work support stand I picked up to use as a cheap video game racing wheel stand. I originally was going to set up the wheel and Xbox 360 at my dad's house so we could practice the Infineon Track on Forza 4, but after his house flooded we never really got much of a chance. So now with this stand I can set it up anywhere there is an HD TV and any old chair. Works great in my apartment and the fact that I can fold it up and put it in the closet keeps it from taking up any of the limited space.

Image not found

Image not found

Sure sitting in a normal chair is not ideal and makes it feel more like your driving a truck with a bench seat then a low race car. But hey it is stable, portable, and the height is adjustable. For $30 and ten minutes of easy modification, it does the trick.

Next weekend is the last weekend we have before the race. It's time to make final adjustments, change the oil, replace the spark plugs, clean the air filter, get the last minute shopping done, and organize the tools and spares to be packed up.

Ten days left until we make the drive up to Sonoma! I guess we should remember to tighten the steering wheel back down as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment