Tuesday, February 28, 2012

Short Work day 2-25-2012

Image not found

Well the car is together; the kill switch is tested, covered, and marked; drove the car around the block; and my dad is off for his vacation to play in the Colorado snow. Now I just need to keep myself busy for a few weeks until the race. With only a small amount of prep and shopping left to do, I will be going nuts for sure. My girlfriend is excited to have me for an entire weekend for the first time in awhile though.

I have found out that the next race we plan to do at Buttonwillow is a full 24 hour race. Now with the second car in the equation, the budget is tighter. So the original plan to buy and upgrade to a 14" or 15" wheel may not be realistic. So I have been looking into what is left of the 13" tire market and think there maybe something to get us by. These Nexen CP641s hopefully will be better then terrible and last the full race. We also will need to get some lights because the last time I drove the Spitfire at Buttonwillow in the dark with the stock head lamps, it was down right frightening. Looking into getting a pair of Hella 500s to mount on the front to help light our way.

Image Not Found

Gotta get me some time on Forza 4 to learn the Infineon track better, and stop thinking so much about what we are going to do after the Infineon Race until after it is over.

Damn it feels good to be a crap can racer...

Image Not Found

No comments:

Post a Comment