Friday, January 6, 2012

In car video from Arse Freeze Apaloza 2011 @ Buttonwillow

 I was able to upload an hour long video to my youtube account. So I uploaded one of my entire stints from the Arse Freeze Apalooza 2011 at Buttonwillow. There are a lot of yellow flags, and a lot of cars passing me. I compressed the video from 5GB down to 350MB so the sound and video quality is not the best, but it will give you an idea of what it is like to race in a slow Class C car at a LeMons race.  I do some funny things like wave, point people by, give multiple thumbs up, yell, curse, and I think what appears to be dancing. Have a look and, if your bored with an hour to kill, watch the whole thing. You may notice the car shimmying back and forth under braking. This is do to our right front brakes having air that was taken in from a bad bleeder valve. We bled it a few times, and again after this day was over. We are fixing it before the next race. There are a few notable moments in the video. One of which  I remember thinking, man that guy could have taken me out. If you fast forward to about 26:50 and watch and listen, screeching tiers are heard followed by a car flying through the dirt. Not exactly sure what this guy was doing but he was obviously not watching ahead. Another can be seen if you fast forward to about 39:30 and watch the car in front of me blow the corer.  Anyway here is the video....

No comments:

Post a Comment