Monday, January 16, 2012

Failure and Success

As mentioned before we have had our ups and downs with this racing team. I would have to say when we broke on the practice day before our first race attempt at LeMons Arse Freeze 2010, that was the worst. While sitting around today feeling miserable with a cold I got no work done on the Spitfire (sad I know) but I did manage to find the pictures from Arse Freeze 2010. Here are a few with the busted Spitfire on the trailer parked in the handicapped spot where we felt we belonged.

Image not found

Image not found

Here are the pics of the stripped hub and axle which was the cause of our demise..

Image not found

Image not found

The whole weekend was not a bust as we did end up enjoying ourselves though. The rest of the photos from that weekend can be seen Here.

From my point of view, I would have to say our highest point so far was the very next race, the ChumpCar race that was at Buttonwillow in June 2011. I dug around and could not find any pictures of that weekend I guess I was just having so much fun with everything going so well. We ran the entire 14 hour race with no black flags, no issues except for some leaked and/or burnt oil (4 qts worth). It was a great weekend with the original three team members and an extra driver. We finished 11th out of 27 cars and were awarded the Chumpiest Chumps award.

Image not found

This award is still on display at my apartment and is a great reminder that things can go really well.

No comments:

Post a Comment