Tuesday, September 2, 2014

The Mini Moke - Prepping for the LeMon's Race at Thunderhill

Image Not Found

The team got together to work on this fine racing machine in preparation for the 24 hour of LeMons - Vodden the Hell Are We Doing? race at Thunderhill Raceway Park. The first plan was to pull the motor out of another Mini to swap in the race motor to test.

Image Not Found

While Spank worked on the race motor, the rest of the team (Rob-above right, my Dad-above left, and I) took the motor out of the other Mini. Pretty much that was about as far as we got before my Dad and I had to take off.

Image Not Found

Pretty basic day.. was nice to get wrenching again and b.s. with the team. Next weekend we have a lot more to accomplish but also more time to work. Being on a team with the two guys who got me started into this wonderful mess of a racing league, is a great spot to be in.

Image Not Found

No matter the result and as long as no one gets injured, the race should be a blast. I have raced a classic Mini before, but never this heavily modified beast crap can. Still haven't started my theme costume and the race is only 8 days away.. time to get busy.

No comments:

Post a Comment