Thursday, September 4, 2014

inFAMOUS: Second Son - Review

Image Not Found

To start out - I finished my first play through using evil karma with 100% completion and the game is very entertaining. Sucker Punch designed a great game again and this is my short review; good controls, good story, good game, now go play it. You happy?

Oh you want more info.. OK.. Now for the big issue, the gripe, what irritated me through the whole game.. the DAMN main character, Delsin Rowe, is an annoying hipster douche. If the writers intended him to come off that way then bravo! So to go along with that, I could not help myself when I found the "SWAG" store and took a screenshot, very fitting. Now onto the good stuff...

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

THE POWERS!! they are as fun as the last two inFAMOUS games and now with the higher specs of the PS4 they look even better. Sucker Punch has thrown in a photo mode to compliment the Playstation share function so you can enjoy every part and show it off. Blow stuff up, move fast, run up walls, snipe out yellow umbrellas.. there is so much to enjoy.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

The recipe for Second Son has not changed much from the past two inFAMOUS games. Collect shards to increase your powers which you then use to get around and battle a military style group who is constantly after you. Gain new powers, collect shards to improve them, fight more enemies, rinse, wash, and repeat. This all works very well though.. just as you get comfortable with a power you can gain a new one and continue to enjoy.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

There are also other side missions to keep you busy, the example above is tagging or street art missions. You find them, clear the enemies from the area, then use your controller to paint in the stencil. Basic but the artwork can be amusing. Other side missions include (but are not limited to) chasing down secret agents, destroying hidden cameras, handling protesters, and district showdowns. None of which are needed to complete the game, but they are part of the experience and I highly recommend doing them all.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

Sucker Punch has turned the city of Seattle into an absolutely stunning playground, and tells you a pretty decent story to go along with all your evil doing.. (or if you choose Good Karma, your heroic acts). They have really set a high standard for what people should expect from the latest consoles and games in general. Yes, I said I would take videos.. I did.. and meh.. there are so many out there, I figured it not worth my time, just go to youtube. Maybe I will make one for my next review, but no promises. Besides, I do my best to not include any spoilers and videos can quickly ruin that.

Image Not Found

If you own a Playstation 4 and haven't played this game then go get it. The discounted used prices you can pick it up for make it an absolute bargain for the number of hours of entertainment, more so if you play through twice to complete both good and evil karma. If you don't own a PS4 then sorry you wont be able to experience this game.. so switch to cheaper beer or stop eating out so much, because you need one so you can go grab a six pack and play this game.

No comments:

Post a Comment