Monday, July 28, 2014

Exciting F1 race in Hungary and I got a PS4...

Image not Found

Getting ahead of myself - I found a deal on a PS4 console that came with a controller, a game, 3 months PSN, and a $100 gift card for $450. Which is basically a savings of $115. Since I was going to get one before the end of the year anyways, I decided to take advantage of this deal. The game that came with it was MLB 14 - The Show, but I have no interest in baseball games so I traded it in for Killzone: Shadow Fall and a $10 gift card. Sadly there are no racing sims out for this console yet nor quality wheels that are fully supported. The first force feedback PS4 supported wheel (Thrustmaster T300 RS) is coming soon, and the first racing sim (Project CARS) is coming in November. In spite of the lacking conent, I have had a lot of fun over the past few days playing on the PS4 with the free to play games, the PS+ free games, and Killzone: Shadow Fall. One of the best features of this system is the ability to remote into the system using my PS Vita handheld console. So when my wife is watching TV, I can still game on the PS4 using the handheld screen which Sony calls remote play.

And onto the F1 race... I have to say 'Wow what a race!' The last 10 laps were what racing is all about. Three different teams battling it out for the top positions, a huge fight to the podium from starting in the pits by Hamilton... Daniel Ricciardo's second win, and even some rain.. Sure I am currently favoring Williams but I will always rather have a race like that over having my favorites do well. The people who say open wheel racing is boring need to watch that race and rethink their ideas of what open wheel circuit racing can be like. For the official F1 race report go HERE. As for now, F1 is on their summer break and won't return until August 22-24 at Spa. Hopefully we will see some more great racing and some better results from Williams.

And for me... I will have to continue getting my racing fix on the old ps3 with Grid Autosport, WRC 4, and Gran Turismo 6.. that is, if I don't keep turning on the PS4.

No comments:

Post a Comment