Monday, September 10, 2012

Quick Update - 9/10/2012

So the $63 pair of Monroe Air Adjust Shocks came in the mail. Did not get to mount them on the car yet. They could work... or they could blow out.. Who knows. Will keep the old worn out Konis as back up just in case. The idea is we can make a little bit of ride height adjustment with them to compensate for the Spitfire rear sag. It is ill advised, you should rebuild your spring and use proper gas shocks for racing, but when did "ill advised" stop anyone else in LeMons racing?

The first design and execution of Circle Track Mesh in place of the Lexan windshield was a failure. To weak, not enough support, and not enough mounting points. There are other ways I can design this and I just need to figure out a strong one. I was given some stronger metal mesh to work with, and this time I plan to build a frame for it to make it strong. It will then be mounted to the car using U-bolts. Safety is important.

Taking the old '88 Ford Truck in for the smog check this week, pass or fail, it needs to get done. I plan to use this thing to haul the Spitfire 3.5 hours each way to Chuckwalla in December and 7-8 hours each way to Sonoma Raceway next year. If it fails I will get a 2 month temp registration from the DMV and will keep throwing money at it like a it's a stripper till I feel it will make it on these hauls.

Saturday I plan to work on the Spitfire a little... and Sunday I am off to Puerto Rico for a two week work trip. Should be interesting....

No comments:

Post a Comment