Tuesday, September 3, 2013

Redwood Road - Castro Valley, CA

Image Not Found

Not but a few miles off the Interstate 580 in Castro Valley, CA there is a sweet 10 mile stretch named Redwood Road. It takes you through Chabot Regional Park via tight corners decorated with lush green trees and the motorcycle riders of the area love it. This of course means the cops hate it, but don't worry about them... just watch for the riders tapping the top of their helmet or the cars flashing their brights and you know the police are near by.

Image Not Found

Not being much of a motorcycle guy, I don't know anything about what these guys are riding but that does not keep me from enjoying anything with a motor in scenery like this. I had a little fun myself and pushed my rental Chevy Cruze a bit around the roads, but got tired of spilling my coffee and just pulled off to take more pictures.

Image Not Found

Image Not Found

This was my first time trying to do up close panning.. most of the time up there I was using my 35mm prime lens, but realized later a little more reach would be nice and took a few with my 55-200mm. There are plenty of large dirt turn outs to take pictures from, but I have a feeling if enough people start doing as I did the no parking signs will be put up soon. And beware.. there are no guard rails to stand behind, so enjoy the sites at your own risk there are crazy people in cars as well.

Car pic missing
If you are in the area go check it out.. but if you drive a car please be careful, stay on your side of the road, watch for cyclists, and always pull to the side to let the motorcycles go by.. A cop stopped to speak to me because he was not happy with me "encouraging" the bikers and said something about how they are just waiting for someone to get killed out here so they can do something about it. Hopefully that won't be for a long time..

No comments:

Post a Comment